13 Şubat 2013 Çarşamba

2012 Top Posts: Animal Abandonment

To contact us Click HERE
"Cruelty and Indifference I Will Never Accept" from March 20, 2012

"I just found these 8 new-born kittens on the sidewalk. Left in the burning sun to die. Bystanders looked on and did nothing. They just shrug; it´s not my problem! The umbilical chords were still attached; these babies are less than a day old. They can´t survive, but I took them to my friends at Amazon CARES anyway. But all they can do is give them a more humane death.

I hope one day someone will be able to explain it to me in a way I can understand: how can someone take away these kittens from their mother and dump them on the sidewalk like trash? It doesn´t cost anything to just leave them with the mother and give them a chance at survival. Maybe one day I will be able to understand the cruelty and indifference many people harbor. Understand, maybe, but I will never accept it."

Commentary by Gart Van Gennip

Gart Van Gennip is the manager of the San Pedro Lodge near Iquitos, Peru.  He was featured in our previous blog about Martin the Monkey, who still needs help to live a better life.

Editorial Note:  There is left than a week left in our "Month of Compassion & Giving."  We have generated nearly $2000 in donations through various channels.  Please support us with any donation that you can afford.  Molly Mednikow

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder