26 Mayıs 2012 Cumartesi

Staying Cool

To contact us Click HERE
SPRING! It's spring time, which is my favorite time of year. Everything is turning green, I get to hang out on the porch, I go on longer walks, I just love it! :) AND ... perhaps best of all Catherine starts to take me hiking, one of my most favorite things to do. Check out this video of me at Red Top Mtn from this past weekend. Red Top is north of Atlanta and a fun quick getaway from the city life.

While I was so excited to be out in the woods, smelling new smells - trotting along - leading the way - seeing the squirrels and deer (oh its all so wonderful) man was it hot out! It's only April and already quite hot ... is that why they call it "HOT-lanta"? I think there is a directly proportional relationship between the temperature outside and the length of my tongue! hahaha - my family calls it Long Tongue.

Anyway, I just wanted to remind everyone that while the summer is approaching and it begins to heat up, make sure you keep your beloved dogs and animals safe and cool. Here is a link for some ways to help prevent heat stroke in dogs. Yes, we are just as susceptible to heat stroke as you humans are! Did you know that we don't have sweat glands like you do, so we pant to cool off? So inefficient I know, but what can you do?

Check this out for some more information - http://dogs.about.com/od/dogandpuppyhealth/qt/heatstroke.htm

Peace Out and Stay Cool


video

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder